Sunday, April 20, 2008

C'Dale 29er 1FG!!!

While waitng to finish the details of the custom Gunnar (Steel Baby) and having sold all of my Mtn. Bikes. I decided to pick up an 08 C'Dale 29'er single speed. This should have been one of the last bikes produced by the Pegasus run company before the buyout by Dorel (Schwinn/Pacific)
based on the production date...(first week of Feb 08)
I like these bikes... Mainly because I like the lefty fork a whole bunch, Besides the Girvin/Noleen cross link this is the best I have ridden on.
Missing on the 08 model is the Alcoa tubing logo "Alcalyte"
The overall build quality is OK... not as good as Cannondales of old...
The bike is too heavy, and the wheelset sucks... There is no reason for a single speed bike to weigh 27lbs at this price. This bike at $1699.00 is the same price as last years geared version, and the wheelset is identical. The fork has changed... last years fork was 100% locked out, and this years model has a slight amount of stiff travel while locked.

All in all I will probably rock this bike until I get my Gunnar and then pass it on.

If you are looking for Cannondale stuff, and don't want to deal with C-World Go see Mark at Cycle Gallery in Elizabeth City....He took care of me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know when you let the C'Dale 29er go...I might be interested. I'm still in love with my Gary Fisher Rig, but I'd be interested in giving the C'Dale a ride.

2wheelnut said...

Wes,
you are welcome to come pick it up and take it for a weekend...
You may not remember me, but we rode together in the 2006 tidewater challenge for a while...