Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cannondale F-29

Alright
So here is my third 29'er... This is a 2007 Cannondale Caffeine 29'er. I waited 6 months to get this bike (I was told that it had been ordered several times)
I bought it in the Medium Size, and these bad boys run small.
I like the geometry of the Fisher 29'ers much better. the top tube is longer, and I much prefer that...This bike has a cool upright feel to it though, and honestly the fork is the best I have ridden since the later versions of the Noleen/Girvin Crosslink.
A word of advice. If you normally ride a 17.5" Fisher, or similar geometry bike. go ahead and buy one of these in a Large...
The bike is too heavy weighing in at 29lbs. with pedals... there is no reason for a bike of this caliber to weigh so much. (it's all in the wheels though)
I just sold this to a guy in Norway... seems Cannondale does not even offer this bike on the other side of the water.

Since the sale of this bike, and my Fisher Ferrous 29'er I am torn between ordering a new Caffeine, Ferrous, or Gunnar in a large or 19" size...
I am probably going to bite the bullett and get the Gunnar, and the Caffeine. Each has it's intended purpose. The GUnnar would be a higher-end steel bike on a better level than the Fisher, So while I like the frame design of the Fisher, I think the Gunnar will be a better bike.

1 comment:

Greg said...

There's a c'dale 29er for sale here in town. I'm looking at reviews (how I got to your blog) and saw your post. It did seem a little heavy and it did seem a little shorter than expected for a medium. Would you rec your old 07 c'dale 29er overall?

ps. I'm impressed with all your toys. You've got one special wife.