Saturday, March 22, 2008

Project Passat...

I have had this car for over 5 years... It used to be my Wifes daily driver, when we bought the Rover it became My DD, then we got a van when we had our third little one, and it's use started to slow down. My cousin used it for a year, then it came back home...
Things to do:
Heater Core
Motor Mounts
Brakes
Fuel Pump
Shocks & Springs
Suspension Bushings
New Front Windscreen
Repair or replace rusty hatch
If this was a sedan, or an automatic it would have been parted out already. But because this is a VR6 Wagon with all the options, AND a 5-speed transmission this thing has lasting appeal.
Now that petrol is going higher I am going to be using this to cut my costs a little, and only driving the work van or Rover when necessary.
I of course have some cool kit for it as well including a set of smoked Hella DE headlights, ABT grille, and I have already installed 17" VW Monte Carlo wheel, and aB4 Passat Center console with armrest.
I will post more pictures as the project starts rolling.